This is the Lahaina Banyan Courthouse in Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii. The courthouse was built in 1859 to replace a courthouse that had been destroyed in a typhoon the prior year. The courthouse served the Kingdom of Hawaii until in U.S. annexation in 1898. It was renovated, while still being used as a courthouse in 1925. It is now a museum, visitors center and a community center.